chrometweaks.org

Does iPage support the favicon file?

Click Here To View All Answers...


Quick question: Does iPage support the favicon file? Thanks for any answer. Another question on my mind: Just to confirm before I possibly enter into one:.

If I get an offer, and then make a counteroffer that is then accepted, I can still send it to auction, correct?..

Comments (5)

Ye, however you might wanna make sure and wait for another commenter to confirm this as I am unsure of myself. Better yet, why don't you e-mail the iPage guys because they can answer your iPage question better...

Comment #1

Be aware that pushing an offer to auction will add time before you get paid. Buyers remorse could set in and the original person may decide he has better things to do with his money..

Yes, Sedo says offers are commitments. BS. A buyer can bug out, leaving you with that empty feeling. If you have a fish on the line that you think is big enough, reel that baby in. If you do want to try your luck Lasher's quote is a good idea - you want the original buyer to feel that you are being upfront with him...

Comment #2

This doesn't sound right to me. If an offer or counter offer.

Is accepted.

, then it should result in a sale at that price. Simple contact law states that an offer made and accepted becomes a contract. If this is the way it works, then there is probably a flaw in the process that could turn potential buyers away or even be illegal in contact law in most countries. I seriously doubt acceptance of a counter offer could then be taken to an auction by the person who made the offer that was accepted..

However, if a seller counter offers and the buyer counter offers back, then it is still in negotiations and the counter offer can be accepted as a first reserve met bid...

Comment #3

That's exactly what I was concerned about it didn't seem quite right to me either. It's sort of like, "Oh, you accepted my offer, did you? Well, thanks, but I'm sending it to auction!".

So I guess since I want it to go to auction, I should just start it now with their offer as the reserve (and as it's a pronouncable LLL.mobi, I'm fairly certain it will go higher), and not "risk" their accepting my counteroffer..

Thanks for the input, AD, and Damion, thanks too for your very useful words of advice!..

Comment #4

It seems I misread your question Dave. My response is not entirely accurate to your question..

My interpretation was if you receive an offer you can either make several counter offers before you would push the HostGator into auction..

As your question relates to if a bid is actually accepted then it's another scenario. When you accept a bid I don't think you have the option anymore to push the HostGator into auction..

If you can because of the auction system implementation I don't know but I don't think this would be allowed per Sedo TOS agreement. Since the bid is accepted..

My apologies Dave...

Comment #5

No problem...your comments were useful in terms of leading up to an auction, and helped with my decision on how to proceed. Thanks!..

Comment #6


This question was taken from a support group/message board and re-posted here so others can learn from it.