That's a good question. I'm not sure what is the right answer. I'll do some poking around and get back to you if I bump into an good answer. You should email the people at iPage as they probably could give you help..
I agree with sdsinc completely..
You blinked. The buyer has a huge advantage now. If I was the buyer, I'd come back with 50% of the original offer....
Keep the price tag reasonable, and, as sdsinc said, don't be too flexible. You might think you can collect a huge profit from a major company, but if your name isn't premium, you can't. That's how they became major companies, by making every dollar count..
Of course, if you've got a premium name, then keep the price high and just wait.....
I just made a bid for a name I wanted. The negotiations are still ongoing, so I won't disclose the details yet. But I think the seller blinked and I've got the upper hand. I'll let you know how it goes..
Good luck with the name in the next sales negotiations!..
Thanks, guys, but I wasn't talking about "selling stragety". I was referring to the fact the a buyer made a bid, and disappeared. I thought the new "certification" was to help eliminate this. Even if I hadn't made a counteroffer, I really don't feel like I would have heard from this buyer..
I guess I just don't understand why someone would bid on a domain, if they are really sure they wanted it. We weren't talking about thousands here, the buyer bid $75..
The purpose of the so-called certification program is to avoid the registration of bogus accounts so that deadbeat buyers can be tracked down more easily by Sedo if they default..
Sedo is not going to help here because the initial offer is no longer binding. Buyer is free not to maintain the initial offer and did nothing wrong (aside from wasting your time)..
There always have some Bad Dog..
It is a part of life, and your business..
Stop being anfry and Looking for next sale..
I don't think that this is a knock against the "Buyer Certification" program, nor is it any evidence of a failure in any of their methods. (However, I acknowledge that the SMS cert is less than ideal on it's face.).
In this case, there was an offer, and then when it was not accepted, they decided not to pursue it any further. If you had accepted their original offer and.
Nothing happened, that would be an issue. However, I have thought better of many bids on Sedo after I made them, and can just count my lucky stars when they aren't accepted. You have now lowered your original counter - if I was the buyer (I'm not), I'd continue to not respond and see how much lower you'll go. No reason to throw away money if I didn't have to..
Best to you,.